Yesterday, Can You Hula Like Hilo Hattie? (the second Triple Threat Investigation Agency series featuring private eyes JJ, Rey and Linda) was featured on MD Walker’s blog, www.plotmonster.wordpress.com.
MD’s blog is “dedicated to the open discussion of all things literary”. It features book reviews (with a very adorable rating system, LOL), discussions, writing tips and reading challenges, among other things.
In addition to being a blogger and author, MD is a wife and mother, sister and aunt—a woman who wears many [impressive] hats. Please check out her outstanding blog; there’s a wealth of literary-related posts to be found.
Thank you kindly, MD, for allowing my P.I.s and I to visit.
It’s Linda on post compilation duty today. If you’ve read the last two, you know we featured three present and three past events from the Triple Threat Investigation Agency trio (us). Today, we’re sharing future hopes/aspirations. They’re far from thrilling or sensational in the grand scheme of things, but they are ours.
- I’ve never had roots to speak of. Considering my upbringing, if you could call it that, I’ve never been much inclined to learn my family history. But I do want to set up roots in some way. Being married with kids isn’t really my thing, but I like the idea of “stability”. Maybe, with time, I’ll figure it out.
- I’d like to write a book. The story may not be a terribly original idea, but given our P.I. profession and my interest in wine and cooking, I’d like to do a mystery featuring a chef as an amateur sleuth.
- A year traveling the world, maybe on a sailboat, is something I’ve been thinking—dreaming—about lately. It would provide an opportunity to broaden my horizons and see a world I’ve only viewed via travel programs.
- As I’ve told the gals before, I’d like to see our agency expand to Maui and Kauai. Maybe in a couple of years, that dream will become reality. We’ve done pretty good so far, so it’s very possible.
- Speaking of reality, the actress in me would love The Triple Threat Investigation Agency to have a reality show. Dog the Bounty Hunter had a great one. P.I.’ing can be just as exciting as bounty hunting. . . . Hmm. Maybe I should put that idea out there; whadya think?
- I’d love to own some property—like a house with a lanai and pool. Condo living’s fine, but there’s something about grass and flowers, and sitting outside, under a heavenly sky. Never had that as a kid . . . never really thought about it much, either . . . until now.
- Learning Hawaiian and Japanese is something I’d really like to do. So is being taught to hula. I’m pretty sure I’ll be here for the long haul; as such, I don’t just want to live here, I want to “be” here.
- Rey’s mentioned buying property. I think she may have something. I enjoy condo living, but I also like the idea of having a little land, where rescue pets can roam and I/we can relax under the sun or stars after a long day at the agency.
- Having my mom and nephew Quincy move here would be awesome. She could open a B&B, or something similar, and he could learn to surf. I guess I’m kind of missing them (I never had a need to have family that nearby before).
There you have it, friends. As mentioned earlier, our dreams and desires are nothing sensational or outrageous, like winning a big Powerball pot, but they are near and dear to our hearts.
Here’s to ours—and yours—coming true.