I was just nominated By James J. Cudney IV (Jay) for the Liebster Award. I’m a little stunned, but happily so. I’ll have to confess that I’ve never tagged anyone or done this before, but there’s a first time for everything. Hopefully, I’ll follow the rules correctly (feel free to send a comment/email if I’ve erred in any way or omitted something).
By the by, if you’re not familiar with Jay’s awesome blog, here’s a little background. He’s an author/blogger living in NYC, with a great debut novel entitled Watching Glass Shatter. I’ve had the opportunity to follow most of his “365 Daily Challenge”—daily posts revolving around a key word of the day. He’s shared much over the last few months—happy times, sad events, insights and knowledge—and I’m glad for having received the opportunity to be a follower.
Please check out his website and This is My Truth Now blog at:
Now, let’s take a gander at the rules and the must-dos, shall we?
Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
Provide 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 question the person asked you.
Nominate 11 people (comment on their blog to let them know).
Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions.
11 Facts About Me
- I’m Canadian, but prefer to write American. <LOL>
- And speaking of American, becoming one has been a dream since the age of 5 (that, my friends, has been a long, long time, and I’ve never ever had a change of heart).
- I was one of a few teachers of Simplified English in the aviation world (back when).
- Hawaii and the concept of “aloha” are also close to my heart (hence, the setting for my Triple Threat Investigation Agency books).
- Favorite things? The color blue (cyan, to be exact). Pizza (funghi’s the best). Red wine (South African and Australian). Red-velvet cake (nummmmmmmmmmmmmm and screw the calories). Walking for miles (and miles). Writing and editing (with no timelines/deadlines). Perry Mason (from the beginning days to the end).
- I adore animals and honor my medicine / animal totems.
- Though I often write and say “keep the faith”, I do struggle with it now and again. (I readily admit that I can be a [maddening] whiner—just ask the Big Guy. But that’s a secret between you and me and Him.)
- I’ve evolved into a sugar junkie over the last year (always enjoyed sweets, but it’s gotten a bit out of hand, er, mouth, er . . . ).
- I’m terrible with budgeting and suck at math. On the flip side, I’m not bad with spending money (check the negative bank account) and do pretty well with anything creative, save for knitting or crocheting. <LOL>
- Being on the ocean is something I adore (though I can’t swim to save my life; fortunately, I can do a mean dog-paddle).
- I’ve recently discovered the world of K-Pop. (Who’d have guessed it would be so good!? Not this ol’ gal.)
Questions to You
- Which body part would you exchange if you could?
- My brain/head – like my car, it needs some realignment/tuning (or is that tune-uping?).
- What do you like least about blogging?
- Having to stay on top of all the marketing/promotion and technical/artistic components; that’s a full-time job in itself!
- If you could inhabit someone else’s body for a day, who would it be?
- Today: a world leader or someone in the monarchy—to see what the world of politics and responsibility, or wealth and responsibility entail. If I had to pick someone specific, it would be either President Trump or Queen Elizabeth.
- Yesteryear: Shakespeare.
- If you could have someone else’s personality and intelligence, who would it be?
- Ayn Rand.
- Where are you taking me to dinner tomorrow night? Or if that’s not gonna work for you, what gift are you sending in lieu of canceling last minute on me? Seems appropriate.
- I’d be taking you for a grand home-cooked meal, but time being what it is, I’d have to give you . . . a dozen calla lilies, a bottle of Veuve Clicquot, and a box of dark-chocolate Godiva truffles. Am I forgiven?
- Have you ever tried to count the licks to get to the center of the Tootsie Roll Pop?
- Hate Tootsie Roll Pops (sorry).
- Did I share too much above? If yes, which item. If not, you’re my new best friend.
- Not at all; there’s nothing wrong with sharing. In fact, it’s a very “healthy” thing to do.
- If you could hide in someone’s pocket for a day just to see what they really do when you’re not around, who would it be?
- That would have to be in the pocket of my favorite character: Rey (from the Triple Threat Investigation Agency). In the real world: I’m a trusting soul, so I wouldn’t have to “see” what anyone’s up to.
- If you have an entire cake to yourself, and you know for certain that no one else will eat it nor see you eat it, would you still cut it up and serve it on a plate? Or would you dig in with a shovel? (Assume nothing bad happens to your body as a result of consuming said cake)
- If it’s red-velvet cake, I’d dig in like a bulldozer!
- What’s the first thing that comes to mind when I say “bite me”? Good or bad, let it rip.
- How hard? <LOL>
- Have you met Liebster? If Yes, please describe. If No, please contribute $25 to the charity of your choice in order to successfully have completed this easy and fun quiz. Failure to do so results in an automatic replication of 10 more quizzes a day from me to you as a loving gesture of support.
- Love it. I promise—a $25 donation will go to an animal charity this week (in fact, I’ll up it to $35)!
Questions to You
- If you could go back in time and be present at one major world event, what would that be?
- Will you share one of your secrets for success?
- What food (dessert, entrée, appetizer) best describes you?
- What’s your best “me time” endeavor/pleasure?
- If you were a color, which one would you be and why?
- Who most influenced you in terms of your writing/blogging career?
- If you could meet any author, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
- What’s your current pet peeve?
- If you could do one thing differently, what would that be?
- Do you have a personal proverb, maxim, or motto?
- If you could go anywhere in the world or universe, where would that be?
And that, my friends, is that. . . . Happy Easter everyone!