The gals—JJ, Rey, and Linda—from the Triple Threat Investigation Agency did a fabulous job posting about “21 Reasons”. They inspired me to revisit the theme one last time.
Life has proven beyond trying the last few years, the stress and depression so overwhelming at times, I considered the “s” word once or thrice. But as I reflect on [ultimately] having a life of my own, I’ve decided to once again grasp hope (which tends to flow through my fingers like foamy soap).
Here are 21 reasons why I should continue to hold hope—because I would [still] like to:
- take control of my life
- assist others with their writing
- edit (help make good stories better)
- give a cat and/or dog a forever home
- take real vacation days
- return to Hawaii at least once
- read books I’ve not been able to the last decade or two
- watch programs/movies I’ve not been able to the last decade or two
- walk for miles a day, whenever and wherever
- drive with no purpose or destination in mind
- eat ethnic/international foods again (nummmm!)
- volunteer again
- have friends again
- learn to forgive and forget (again)
- embrace life [at long last]
- fix—“pretty up”—my blog (!!!!!)
- get a website
- see the world (I’d settle for Australia, Japan, and/or Spain)
- learn the ins and outs of social media and apply, as necessary
- take part-time/on-line courses, and
- learn to fly a helicopter.
I suppose you could also call it a bucket list. Either way, these seem like 21 pretty darn good reasons for sticking around. Here’s hoping reality complies.