Hey-ho, it’s Rey, leading off the weekend post. The Boss asked if I’d take over. Sure! Love to! . . . Thinking of a topic, though, hasn’t been easy. I’m not up for providing writing or editing advice (and Linda’d be the first to claim I suck at that).
The other day I thought of something to add to my bucket list. That got me to thinking—hey!—why not share what’s on mine? I mentioned my great idea to Linda and she suggested I feature hers and JJ’s, too. Sure! Sounds like a perfect plan and post.
So, here you have it, the experiences and accomplishments the three of us at the Triple Threat Investigation Agency hope to realize before we shake this mortal coil. Given we had enough items to fill three posts (not kidding), they’ve been limited to 10 each, in no particular order.
- Appear (as a main character) in a Broadway play.
- Record an album.
- Spend a week in Paris (and buy at least two designer outfits).
- Buy designer wear when it’s not on sale.
- Experience Mardi Gras (by taking part on a parade float).
- Be rid of debt.
- Learn to hula.
- Learn to cook fancy food.
- Do a cleanse.
- Eat healthy for a month.
- Swim with dolphins.
- Hike all the trails on all the Hawaiian Islands.
- Run in a marathon . . . and then do a triathlon.
- Write a thriller.
- Visit Iceland and spend time at a wellness center.
- Spear a fish and prepare it.
- Try unusual foods—in the country of origin.
- Count my blessings every day.
- Have high tea with royalty.
- Experience a hurricane first-hand (in honor of my sister).
- Learn to scuba dive (not because I love the water, but to master my fear/dislike of it).
- Ride a horse on Kauai.
- Take art classes.
- Spend a summer driving around Europe, going wherever the wind blows.
- Spend a week with an Amish or Mennonite family.
- Earn a black belt.
- Have a weekly community show (I miss being on-air).
- Learn to barbecue (so I don’t burn off anymore eyebrows).
- Have a vegetable and herb garden.
There you have it. They sound doable, but I’m not so sure about the 200 other items we have on the ol’ list—that’s 200 each, by the by. <LMAO>