Some folks have asked why the three of us decided to set up shop on Oahu, considering the three of us had never even been to the Islands.
It was my idea. Just like I thought up the name The Triple Threat Investigation Agency. JJ never liked it and Linda wasn’t crazy about it, but they agreed to it regardless. Gotta love those two.
Every state has different “rules” about how to set up private eye shingles. Bearing that in mind—okay, okay, finding out the hard way—I sorta pointed a finger at a map and Hawaii it was.
I don’t think any one of us regrets the move: we love the Aloha State. Agency and careers aside, there’s so much to embrace:
- balmy trade winds that tickle all over (and keep the sweat at bay)
- shopping outlets and malls that never disappoint
- subtle lingering scents like sweet plumeria and briny ocean air that envelop like soft silk
- positive energy and vibes that boost optimism and hope
- vast and vibrant colors that seem surreal sometimes
- amazing rainbows (galore!)
- stunning landscapes and seascapes
- food trucks and kiosks and restaurants in abundance
- shopping outlets and malls that never disappoint . . . oh, I mentioned that already, didn’t I? . . . but they are awesome.
The list goes on. And never mind the countless things to do, like sunrise runs and jogs (not this gal’s cup o’ tea), walks along the beach, festivals and parades, and nummy Mai-Tais and . . . yeah, we really love Hawaii.
Just as we love our P.I. lives. If you’re ever in Chinatown, drop by the agency (we’re not shy).
A haupia-sweet aloha from yours truly (Rey).